I am a 3rd-year Electrical Engineering PhD student at University of Southern California, supervised by Prof. Konstantinos Psounis. I received my Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Automation from Beijing Institute of Technology in 2019, supervised by Prof. Yuanqing Xia and Prof. Yufeng Zhan.
- Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Southern California, 08/2019-Present
- Degree: PhD
- Major: Electrical Engineering
- GPA: 3.96/4.0
- Xu Teli Elite Class, Beijing Institute of Technology, 09/2015-06/2019
- Degree: Bachelor
- Major: Automation
- GPA: 92.31/100 (rank: 1/17)
- 08/19/2019-Present: Research Asistant
- NetPD Lab, Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Southern California
- Research interests: Machine learning and data privacy with applications to computer networks
- Supervisor: Prof. Konstantinos Psounis
- 03/05/2019-06/30/2019: Research Internship
- AST Lab, Department of Computer Science, ETH Zurich,
- Research interests: LLVM IR and sanitizers
- Supervisor: Prof. Zhendong Su
- 01/01/2017 - 03/04/2019: Research Assistant
- 05/16/2022 - 08/19/2022: Applied Scientist Internship
- Alexa AI, Amazon
- Research on zero-shot cross-lingual named entity recognition
- 05/17/2021 - 08/20/2021: Applied Scientist Internship
- Alexa AI, Amazon
- Research on detecting personal identifiable information
- 05/18/2020 - 08/21/2020: Applied Scientist Internship
- Alexa AI, Amazon
- Research on heuristics for effective quantization
See my LinkedIn for more details.
- Jiang Zhang, Hadi Askari, Konstantinos Psounis, Zubair Shafiq. No Video Left Behind: A Utility-Preserving Obfuscation Approach for YouTube Recommendations.
Conference Publications (* means equal contributions)
- Ahmed Roushdy Elkordy*, Jiang Zhang*, Yahya H. Ezzeldin, Konstantinos Psounis, Salman Avestimehr. How Much Privacy Does Federated Learning with Secure Aggregation Guarantee? [C]. PETS, 2023(1).
- Jiang Zhang, Konstantinos Psounis, Muhammad Haroon, Zubair Shafiq. HARPO: Learning to Subvert Online Behavioral Advertising [C]. NDSS, 2022.
- Jiang Zhang, Shuai Wang, Manuel Rigger, Pingjia He, and Zhendong Su. SanRazor: Reducing Redundant Sanitizer Checks in C/C++ Programs [C]. OSDI, 2021.
- Yufeng Zhan, Jiang Zhang. An Incentive Mechanism Design for Efficient Edge Learning by Deep Reinforcement Learning Approach [C]. INFOCOM, 2020.
- Jiang Zhang, Lillian Clark, Matthew Clark, Konstantinos Psounis, Peter Kairouz. Privacy-Utility Trades in Crowdsourced Signal Map Obfuscation [J]. Computer Networks, 2022.
- Yufeng Zhan, Song Guo, Peng Li, Jiang Zhang. A deep reinforcement learning based offloading game in edge computing [J]. IEEE Transactions on Computers, 2020.
- Jiang Zhang, Yuanqing Xia, Ganghui Shen. A Novel Learning-based Global Path Planning Algorithm for Planetary Rovers [J]. Neurocomputing, 2019.
- Yufeng Zhan, Chi Harold Liu, Yinuo Zhao, Jiang Zhang, Jian Tang. Free Market of Multi-Leader Multi-Follower Mobile Crowdsensing: An Incentive Mechanism Design by Deep Reinforcement Learning [J]. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2019.
- Yufeng Zhan, Jiang Zhang, Peng Li, Yuanqing Xia. Crowdtraining to Mobile Edge Devices in Industry Internet of Things by Deep Reinforcement Learning Approach [J]. IEEE Network, 2019.
See my Google Scholar for more details.
- Programming languages: C, C++, Matlab, Python, LLVM.
- Development environments or tools: Ubuntu, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Spark, Ray, Docker, Selenium.
Awards and Honors
- USC Annenberg Fellowship, 2019
- Meritorious Winner of the MCM (top 9%, global), 2017
- First Scholarship of BIT (five semesters, top 10%), 2015-2018
- First Prize of the China Undergraduate Mathematics Competition (Non Mathematical Speciality, rank 20 in Beijing), 2016
- National Scholarship (top 5%), 2016